Monday, December 11, 2017

TotW: Interpreters!

We had two interpreters come to Promise Clinic on Thursday, and we wanted to give them some credit for being AWESOME and providing so much support all the time to our student doctor teams! We had to ask them about their ugly sweaters since Thursday after clinic was the Ugly Sweater Night Out...thank you, Ardi and Yessenia!
From left to right: Ardi Mendoza and Yessinia Leon

1. Do you like snow? Why or why not?

Ardi Mendoza: Yes, I was born in a snowstorm, a huge NY blizzard. So I like winter: winter sports, trudging through the snow, all of it.

Yessenia Leon: More of a summer person. Walking through the snow is a struggle. Not a huge fan of snow.

2. What was your favorite year of elementary school and why?

Ardi: 2nd grade. I got to perform the Shel Silverstein poem "Chewing Gum" in our class talent show. I'm sort of surprised I still remember that, but it was so much fun!

Yessenia: I would say 4th grade--that's when I met some of my closest friends. I'm still in touch with many of them.

3. What’s on your ugly sweater?

Ardi: Santa, his reindeer, and dinosaurs. So...it scientifically proves that Santa is real.

Yessenia: I tried to get one that matched with my dog. It's red and green with reindeer.

No comments:

Post a Comment