Sunday, October 14, 2018

Steering Committee Member of the Week: Stephanie Diu 

Another week and another SComm appreciation post! Lets meet Stephanie Diu! Stephanie is a first year medical student and part of the Pharmacy committee. She was an absolute champion for running the pharmacy department on her own this past Thursday on one of the busiest nights at clinic! If you ever find yourself in deep water 🐟, Steph is the one have by your side!  



1. What drove you to be involved with Pharmacy at Promise Clinic?

During my gap years, I worked at a law firm where I did medical research for lawyers defending pharmaceutical companies. I learned a lot about medicine from a pharmaceutical industry perspective and how complicated it can be to choose the right medicines for each patient. So, I felt that PC Pharmacy would be another cool lens into learning about how patients can incorporate drugs into healthier lifestyles, and what barriers there can be in terms of getting access to medicine.


2. Are you a dog or cat person?

I'm a fish person! In college, I was torn between going into medicine and pursuing a PhD in marine biology. If you ever bump into me and want to know fun facts about octopuses or killer whales or the deep sea, let me know!




3. If you could pick a TV show to be your life, what show would it be?

Queer Eye!! It would be so wonderful if I could be part of a group of woke, knowledgeable, kind people and all we do is go around and make people’s lives better, breaking down stereotypes and communication barriers, just spreading goodness out into the world. If y’all don’t know what I’m talking about, look up Queer Eye on Netflix and keep tissues nearby!


No comments:

Post a Comment