Wednesday, September 27, 2017

TotW: The Autumn Equinox and Team 33

Friday was the autumnal equinox, which means that fall is officially here! This week we caught up with Team 33, who provided top-notch care to their patient this week. Augustus (M3) is keeping up his spirits despite being sleep deprived on surgery rotation, Leelabati (M2) is happy to teach others, and Tara (M1) impressed her team with her superb vital-taking skills. Keep reading to learn Team 33's answers to some equinox-related questions (and some very interesting random trivia)!


Left to Right: Tara Ferrante (M1), Augustus Chang (M3), Leelabati Biswas (M2)



1) Did you watch the eclipse in August? If so, what did you think?
(Tara): I watched the eclipse and marveled at the wondrous nature of our universe for a moment.
(Leelabati): Yes! I watched it in SF and listened to Total Eclipse of the Heart. It reminded me of how present the cosmos are and how small my life is :)

(Augustus): I watched a little bit–it did NOT change my life, haha.

2) Apple picking, pumpkin pie, sweaters, Halloween...what's your favorite fall activity?
(Tara): I love everything about fall, however, picking fall crops and turning them into pies is probably my favorite!


(Leelabati): ALL of the above. I already have my mums, Halloween wreath, and Halloween costume ...and I'm going apple picking this weekend!

(Augustus): Comfy sweaters. Correction: “looking good in comfy sweaters.”

3) Fun fact: the length of day and night are approximately equal on the equinox. What is the best piece of trivia that you know off the top of your head?
(Tara): White cats with blue eyes are usually deaf and much of this is attributable to a feline version of Waardenburg Syndrome.
(Leelabati): Male Dayak fruit bats lactate to feed their pups!

(Augustus): The first settlers of Madagascar are thought to have arrived in canoes that came all the way from Indonesia over 2000 years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment