Thursday, September 29, 2016

9/19 TotW: Fall is Coming


You might not have known this, everyone, but last Thursday 9/22 was the Autumnal Equinox! If you’re not up to date with your equinoxes (equini?), “the equinoxes are the only times when the subsolar point is on the equator, meaning that the Sun is exactly overhead at a point on the equatorial line.” What does that mean? Well, I’m not actually 100% sure-- I'm a (budding) physician, not an astrologist-- but basically it’s that Fall is on its way.

You know what that means?

NO, not PSL’s—a Fall themed team of the week, with your favorite Equinox Team, Continuity Care Team #1!
From L to R: Melissa Encarnacion (M1), Alyssa Hunhken (M4), Nicholas Cuccolo (M2). Not Pictured: Melissa Chan (M3) and Anochie Okenchukwu (M4-I)

What is your favorite sharable memory from this summer?

Melissa Encarnacion (M1): Going to an animal rescue farm in Catskill, MY - they had cow turkey chicken goat baby pigs and horses - they were all rescues and some of them had scars and other sings of being rescues. 

Nicholas Cuccolo (M2): Going to Belmar beach for the 4th. It was crazy insane. 

Alyssa Hunhken (M4): Going to Myrtle Beach with my husband and parents. We played golf with my own set of clubs that I now have! I'm only a little worse than my husband. 

What is your favorite Fall-Aesthetic treat? (Think Pumpkin Spice Late but don’t say it)

Melissa Encarnacion (M1): Pumpkin everything.

Nicholas Cuccolo (M2): Apple pie

Alyssa Hunhken (M4): Toasted pumpkin seeds

What’s a fun fact about yourself?

Melissa Encarnacion (M1): I have done a professional air bag jump from 30 feet in the Poconos (where I landed on a huge bag of air.)

Nicholas Cuccolo (M2): I went to Guatemala last summer and worked in a health clinic. 

Alyssa Hunhken (M4): Most embarrassing autumnal equinox memory- We tried the equinox balancing egg the first week of high school and mine failed miserably and fell on me and I had raw egg all over me! 

Treat yourself to some hot apple cider and pumpkin pie as we walk our way to the cold of winter, everybody! Stop and smell the colors of the leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment