Thursday, February 26, 2015

Team of the Week February 5th- Team 19

Hello all ye faithful (to Promise Clinic's blog),

Boy do I have some good news for you! Now that the M1 exam is over, our blog guru has all the time in the world this next week to provide you with some much needed Promise Clinic entertainment! 

Few things in life could be sweeter than being dubbed Promise Clinic's Team of the Week! I bet you can tell how awesome it is based on the fun Team 19 is having in their debut photo with the coveted title.

(From left to right: Chris Koprowski, Aisha Hasan and Christine Marchello)

Here are their answers to what one person referred to as "timeless" questions*:

What is the best concert you've ever been to? 

     Chris (M2)- "I'm not sure if this counts, but in NYC I once saw a drummer perform using this cheap, plastic, half-broken bucket. The guy was surrounded by a crowd - there had to be at least 30 people there - and he was really quite talented. He was using his foot to slam the bucket down on the ground for bass and overlaying that with fast rhythms on the rim. I figured he deserved to be on a stage just as much as many of the people I've paid to see, and thought a lot about how our lives depend so heavily on opportunity." (Did anyone else get chills reading this answer? I definitey did)

      Christine (M1)- "At the risk of sounding like a complete nerd, my favorite concert was The Cleveland Orchestra's performance of Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 5. It was magnificent." 

Where do you hope to see Promise Clinic in 5 years?

     M2 Chris- "I would love to see Promise Clinic expand in the next five years. Clearly this would be resource-dependent, but the service our clinic provides is unique. I think that by attending to the health needs of a population that often meets barriers to care, we are enriching the entire community."

     M1 Christine- "In 5 years, I can see the Promise Clinic expanding to focus on the overall wellness of New Brunswick community members. The PA school, School of Public Health, and nursing students could get involved to plan fitness classes, nutrition classes, Q&A about medications and chronic health conditions, and maybe even a weekly farmer's market!"



*That person was me. 

I hope you enjoyed learning about Team 19, I know I did.

Until a few days from now,

xoxo Promise Clinic




No comments:

Post a Comment